Wednesday, November 9, 2011
France to Tuscany
Hardly time to blog - I've had a brilliant trip to New Zealand (will post later) and am now in Tuscany, about 20 minutes from Florence. We arrived (a small group familiarisation - yep, that's what they call it) at Rome airport to a sunny day then coached it north. We left behind a rainy gloomy looking Nice - but only after a few splendid days in Provence.
The 'A's' have it
Avignon and Aix-en-Provence were the spots we looked at and enjoyed.
We had a wonderful lunch in a small town at a tucked-away Michelin starred cook's Le Jardin du Quai. Chef Daniel Hebet gave us a masterclass 'demo' on creating the perfect macrons. Perfect little pink beauties.
* The 21/2 hour fast train trip (TVG) from Paris to Avignon
* The dinner at night in a restaurant over a thundering river - we were eating trout too
* A stroll around the walled town of Avignon checking the Pope's Palace - those crazy pope's and their indulgences!
* Lunch at an exquisite private home in Provence - set in the middle of its vineyard
* Counting the dogs being taken for a walk in Aix-en-Provence
This is just a taste - more to come later. Off to buy ingredients in Florence with the chef from the villa here. We are then going to take a cooking class - bella!
Ciao for now
Posted by Bev Malzard